Vitalik Buterin - Wikipedia
Spread the love

ETH gains 7% as Etheruem Network Prepares for Bellatrix Upgrade:

The Bellatrix upgrade, which links to the final countdown for the Merge, is all set for today.

It will eventually induce the rest of the Merge process in motion, which is just close as ever.

ETH price has also reacted to the anticipation for the final upgrade before Ethereum’s network transition to a proof of stake model.

After a strong bearish season in the crypto market, Ether’s (ETH) sentiment has flipped positive as the Merge closes.

The second-largest cryptocurrency, Ethereum,  has increased nearly 7% in the past 24 hours.

The Bellatrix upgrade requires the node operators to update their clients before epoch 144896 on the Beacon Chain.

Etheruem Co founder, Vitalik Buterin has also told node operators to inform their users before the Bellatrix upgrade.

Recall that the Ethereum Foundation had previously revealed the date of Bellatrix upgrade at 11:34:47am UTC on September 6, while the Merge itself is expected to happen somewhere around September 13-15.

Reports from Ethernodes reveals that 72.9% of nodes have been marked “Ready” for the Merge, while the rest 27.1% are still “Not-Ready.”

Failure to update Ethereum Clients

If the node operators fail to update their Ethereum clients prior to the Bellatrix upgrade, they will be stuck on an incompatible chain following the old rules.

Furthermore, they will not be able to send Ether or operate on the post-merge Ethereum network(POW ETH).

 

By Meekness Nnoka

Blockchain Analyst & Writer with top-notch Technological background. Enjoys reading and writing fascinating crypto contents. 4 years content creating experience.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *