Technology is advancing and opportunities are created daily in the digital world.
The metaverse, a virtual replica of the real world made possible through technology is creating a lot of job opportunities.
The unique thing about the metaverse is how it can favor people with or without experience. Metaverse jobs are many and can be gained with or without experience.
You can look at our previous article: Metaverse jobs with no experience needed.
In the previous article on metaverse jobs, many jobs which requires experience were listed. Fortunately, the ones that doesn’t require job experiences were also listed.
It was able to position people to the latest digital trend, and to prepare us for the mainstream metaverse exuberance era.
Since the metaverse is a technological platform, the service of several Engineers, developers, programmers and several tech savvy people.
With this, coding will be a vital job role in the metaverse. But how do you know the right coding programming language that will be used in the metaverse?
This article will outline the vital programming language used in the metaverse.
Also, since the metaverse is not only blockchain based or AR, VR, and MR based.
We have to understand all coding programming languages used in the metaverse.
Programming language for metaverse
Below are the programming language for metaverse:
- C#(CEE SHARP): This is modern and object-oriented programming language that enables developers create apps and other robust applications that run on .NET. According to Microsoft, C# will still have common features with other C programming languages and Java. C# was created in 2000 by Anders Hejlsberg from Microsoft. C# is one of the best programming language for metaverse.
- C++: Some of the gaming platforms utilize C++ as their main programming language. C++ is also a member of the C family and it is an object-oriented programming language that allows code to be reused. C++ is easy to learn and it can be able to create apps that can be augmented into other apps. Metaverse gaming platforms can utilize C++ as a primary or secondary programming language.
- Python: Python is an open source programming language, that’s why it is preferred to be used in metaverse platforms. Python language consists of various 3rd party functions making it easy to learn or be understood. The potentials of this language are many, that’s why it can be used for many jobs, including virtual reality jobs. Also, python can have codes to be reused, and it is also an object-oriented programming language. Learning python as a first programming language is healthy, as you can easy transition into other languages easily.
- Rust: Rust, also known as a safety currency programming language. Right from the surge of blockchain technology, a lot of cryptocurrency developers have utilized Rust language for coding activities. The coding syntax of Rust is similar to C++, just that Rust language is an open source language. Some people believe Rust to be a preferred programming language, as it solves problems C++ coders find difficult to solve. Since the metaverse combines virtual reality and blockchain technology, Rust programmers will be everly needed.
- Solidity: Solidity is often used for backend coding in the crypto decentralized applications. The Ethereum smart contract network utilizes Solidity programming language. Since blockchain technology is a vital factor in the metaverse, smart contract network can also be implemented in the network, making Solidity a better programming language in the metaverse.
Best programming language for metaverse
This question is really hard to answer, because all programming languages are unique in their own way, and can be used for different operation where the other can’t fit in.
So, picking a particular programming language as the best programming language for the metaverse is not pretty cool. Coding is a complex job with the metaverse tending to be come complex than what people picture.
Some people think that the metaverse is made up of just reality equipment like VR, AR, and MR. This is not true, the metaverse consists and it’s not limited to reality equipments, social media, blockchain technology(covering crypto and non fungible tokens). This has broaden the view of the metaverse, and has made developers and programmers to find cool places to fit into.
The metaverse cannot be solely dependent on a particular language, therefore multiple programming languages can be implemented in the metaverse.
If you are a programmer, you have to step up your game to be relevant in the metaverse world.
This means that you have to learn different languages to brace yourself up.